Clearmatics' mission is to build peer-to-peer infrastructure for a machine-driven future that is resistant to the monopoly-making tendencies of network effects inherent in today's client-server architectures. We call our technology approach 'decentralized automation', which combines cryptography, consensus protocols and economic mechanism design.
We are a Blockchain R&D company and have good ties to the Open Source / Ethereum community.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity and passion with the space is key. Some of the areas we tackle include scalability through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets), protocol design (e.g. proof relays/pegs), formally verified smart contracts, and type-safe & performant distributed virtual machine architectures.
We're looking to hire a full time Software Engineer to expand our team.
International candidates are accepted and very welcome, as Clearmatics operates on a 'remote first' model.
You are a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
You will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining mission-critical software components such as smart contracts, backend services, and our blockchain client.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of unknowns and enjoy working with others to problem-solve and break new ground. You should have more than a passing interest in the Ethereum or cryptocurrency space, with contributions to Open Source projects being a distinct plus. You should be able to reason about technical problems, argue thoughtfully and contribute in a team setting.
* Good grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithmic complexity, etc)
* Experience programming in at least one statically-typed language (Golang, C/C++, Rust)
* Demonstrable interest in Ethereum / the cryptocurrency space
* Experience with network and concurrent programming
* An appreciation of the development practices that contribute to software quality
* An ability to discuss, iterate, and formally express technical ideas
NICE TO HAVES
* Smart contract programming experience with Solidity and Web3.js
* Solid Golang programming skills (go-ethereum experience is a plus)
* Ethereum stack experience: APIs, clients, protocols/algorithms
* Front-end web development skills with Node.js and React
* Familiarity with the DeFi (Decentralised Finance) ecosystem or financial markets
* Contributions to Open Source blockchain projects