- Front-end Development
- Full Stack Development
- Engineering & Architecture - Other
Overview of work and responsibilities
- Developing and expanding the whole stack of product software suite (across application, middleware and kernel driver layers)
- Analyzing user requirements and converting them into design documents
- Developing high-quality software design and architecture
- Producing clean reusable code, testing, debugging, and documenting your changes
- Code review and design validation
- Working independently with various teams across different regions
Minimum skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in programming/engineering related field
- 4+ years of experience as a developer
- C++ / C# (strong in at least one)
- Debugging/troubleshooting experience
- Able to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Curious, open to new ideas and quick to learn new skills
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Strong passion in programming and motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Experience and skills preferred
- Object Oriented design is a big plus
- Developing applications under Windows environment is a big plus
- Audio related domain knowledge is a plus
- Source code version tool knowledge is a plus (eg. GIT, SVN)
- Familiarity with agile processes/practices is a plus (eg. Scrum)
Why should candidates work here?
- Salary range: 4500 - 6500 SGD
- Start with 18 days annual leave days, 20 days after 3 years, 23 days after 5 years
- Performance review once a year
- Provided with Windows work laptop & a desktop PC for test/debug
- Group Hospitalization insurance & Personal Accident insurance
- Flexible working arrangement (FWA) scheme for several years, emphasis work - life balance.
1st round: Interview with General Manager & Test (in English). 2nd round: Video interview with dev manager/team (in English)
1. Are you hiring ex-pats who currently live in Singapore? Or Singaporean only?
Singaporean/PR preferred because of no VISA issue/cost, but open to ex-pats staying here too
2. The specific address of working location in Singapore
110 Lorong 23 Geylang, Victory Centre, Singapore 388410 (walking distance from Aljunied MRT station)
3. What tech stack you require Software Engineer to have besides C++/ C#?
Windows desktop app, Windows middleware/kernel driver, audio domain
4. Company size
In Singapore, we've 12 people now. In France, >35. In SteelSeries worldwide several hundred.
5. Developer team size
4 dev now running Agile process, looking to double this number
6. Working hours
Officially 9am~6pm, but with flexible working arrangement, staff can choose to start 30mins/1hr before/after this timing.
7. What is the interviewing process?
1st round may be interview by General Manager, or we may invite to take our test first (includes a 30mins 25 qtn standard GRE test + 60mins 10 qtn programming test that touch on C++, C# & OO concept in general). If pass both, will arrange video interview with our dev manager/team.