Our client is a well-established international group with great products.
The company specializes in open source software and provides Linux and Cloud infrastructure solutions for enterprises.
To enhance the successful team, we are looking for a skilled Kernel Generalist.
Linux Kernel Generalist develops and maintains a selected subset of the core kernel infrastructures, both in the enterprise products and upstream.
The developer collaborates actively and shares knowledge and further develops it in special interest groups, professional organizations and specialized conferences.
• Design and development of features in core Linux Kernel
• Working both with Linux Kernel upstream, as well as participating on developing and maintaining kernels for linux-based products
• Technical analysis of problems and errors in the Linux Kernel
• Activities connected with participation in professional organizations and specialized conferences
• Excellent knowledge of the C programming language
• Good overview of Linux Kernel internals and implementation principles, with focus on core areas of Kernel
• Good knowledge of open-source community principles, with main focus on Linux Kernel development model and practices
• Good knowledge of the hardware of PCs and their peripherals
• Good knowledge of assembler language
• Good knowledge of Linux debugging tools
• Good spoken and written knowledge of English
• Accuracy and thoroughness
• Consideration and assertiveness
• Great salary package – base and 10-20% performance bonus (depending on experience)
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Gold Plan Private Medical Insurance - covered 100% for outpatient treatment (including medications and vaccinations, inpatient and day-case treatments, maternity and childbirth benefits.
• The working hours are as flexible as possible
• Endless opportunities to learn
• Creative and productive work environment
• Career opportunities and freedom to express your opinion