- Desktop Software Development
👋 Permanent & Full-time 🌍 Remote position 💰 35-45k & meaningful equity
One of our clients - an ambitious network-building platform pioneering the future of how professional connections will be made, combining the flexibility of video meetings with the power of AI - is looking for a talented Founding Engineer.
Who you are
As a Founding Engineer you will be setting the foundation of the engineering team alongside the CTO and product team from a technical and cultural standpoint.
You need to be comfortable with wearing multiple hats, from from implementing a new UI to scaling the data infrastructure or building some automated report.
Also you will have significant amount of ownership over the product direction and should expect to spend time talking to customers, teasing out use cases and making prioritization decisions regarding both the short- and long-term roadmap.
At the end of the day, your most important responsibility is to get your company’s product to market and maximize the number of product experiments that can be run.
There are a few critical traits you’ll need to be successful in this role:
* You crave ownership: if you often find yourself raising your hand to own things end-to-end, you will likely really enjoy this role. Maybe you will find yourself hosting one of the talks, running the new hire onboarding program or launching that new disruptive integration.
* You are a product lover: you enjoy building user-centric product and have the ability to actively challenge
* You’re ambitious: you want to do more, learn more, know more. You like to find ways to make things work at all costs.
* You love digging into open source libraries
* You get crazy if your code doesn’t follow some kind of standard
* Frontend: Flutter
* Backend: Django, Rest API, WebSocket, PostgreSQL, Redis, Neo4J, Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, Tensorflow, GRPC, Node JS, Rabbit MQ, Go
* SaaS: Github, Figma, Slack (gif-less so far...), Github-Actions
* Data: Python
* Hosting: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SQS)
* Microservices oriented design mind-set
Our offer and benefits 🌱
* You’ll join a small team of 7, so there’s a bit of everything to do.
* Backed by some of the best angels in Italy
* You can get meaningful equity
* You’ll ship new features weekly
* Remote-first team based across Italy and Germany. With plans to hire team members in all sorts of places. 🌍
* Flexible working hours
As an early team member, you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. You will be compensated well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you might be a good fit for the team, we’d love to hear from you!
Sounds like you? Then, we should probably meet 👋